Monday 25 June 2012

Getting Settled

The blog has been pretty quiet since saying my goodbyes/thank you's to La Ronge and the SJHL.  As I said in my previous post, it's my intent to continue writing this blog, but it may be a little sporadic for the first while as I get familiar with my new job and surroundings in Regina.

This weekend I emptied and broke down my last moving box and got my new place set up just how I want it (which for me can be a bigger battle than it should be).  That was followed by a busy couple days with the NHL Draft Friday and Saturday.  As I don't yet have my internet and cable hooked up, this made following the draft a touch trickier than I would have liked, but my hefty data plan came in handy.

When it was all said and done one current Regina Pat and two prospects were drafted in Pittsburgh.  Chandler Stephenson was taken 77th overall by the Capitals while Brady Skjei (28th-NYR, USA-U18) and
Rhett Holland (102nd-PHX, AJHL-Okotoks) were the two prospects selected.  Pats GM Chad Lang hopes Skjei and Holland being drafted may help bring both defencemen into the Pats lineup next season.  

The Pats did have a couple more players eligible for the draft in
Dominik Volek and Jack Rodewald who weren't selected.  While that's obviously tough to go through for both guys, Lang is confident both will have opportunities through Free Agent tryouts this summer.

Drafting remains the theme of the week when the CHL holds its 2012 Import Draft, Wednesday (27th).  As it stands, the Pats hold the 32nd overall pick though with all the wheeling and dealing that goes on around the Import Draft, that could change.  Last year, when Regina grabbed Volek ninth overall, around half of the picks changed hands.

Wednesday is a busy day with the 2012-13 WHL Regular Season Schedule coming out as well.  Make sure to check out ReginaPats.com for Import Draft details as well as the schedule when Wednesday rolls around.

The new season's drawing ever closer (only about three months away now) make sure to get your 2012-13 Season Tickets.  Call the Pats Office (306-522-7287) for more information.

-D

No comments:

Post a Comment