Monday 7 May 2012

Ice Wolves AGM Approaching

I'm sure you missed me dearly while I was enjoying my two week sojourn from La Ronge.  I had a great time being back in Calgary and benefited greatly from some serious sleeping in.  First order of business on the Ice Wolves front is the AGM coming up Wednesday night.

The meeting goes at seven o'clock at the Wolves den.  Last year, attendance was pretty abysmal, so it would be great to see more people at the meeting.  This year it won't be at the same time as Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final, so it should be a little easier to pull away from the playoffs on TV.

The AGM is a great way to keep tabs on the team and see where things stand financially.  There are plenty of opportunities to get involved with the organization as well.

In addition to the AGM, the Ice Wolves Booster Club has a meeting coming up Tuesday, May 15th at Mistasinhk Place (Boardroom 1 - 7 p.m.).  If you're holding on to that amazing fundraising idea, that's the place you want to be.

In other sports news, Minor Baseball gets going this week in La Ronge.  I make my coaching (assistant coaching) debut working with the PeeWee Miners... I pity them already.

Did anyone see Penticton starting off 0-2 at the RBC Cup?  I definitely didn't.  Should be interesting to see if they can turn it around.

-D

No comments:

Post a Comment